Oriental Style Chicken Salad
- 8 chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup soya sauce
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- Dash dry mustard and black pepper
- Place the chicken in a pot with the chicken stock and boil for about 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Remove skin and tear the chicken into long strips. Set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients, except the oils, and mix well. Using a whisk, slowly whisk oils into dressing until combined.
- 1 layer of rice noodles
- 1 tbs roasted sesame seeds (place in a 180°C for 5 minutes or until browned)
- ½ english cucumber cut into julienne strips
- 4 chopped spring onions
- lettuce for garnishing
- 1 pkt pine nuts or slivered almonds
- Fry the rice noodle in deep hot oil a little at a time to prevent burning. As soon as they puff up, remove quickly from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Place on a large dish and put the chicken strips over.
- Sprinkle the onion, nuts, sesame seeds and cucumber over the chicken.
- Place the lettuce around the border. Dress the salad and serve immediately.